While dental implants are an incredibly convenient option for tooth replacement, some people have queries regarding dental implants such as WIll it pain afterward? Will it look natural? What will be the durability of Implants? and so on. Dental implants have 90% of success rates, and most people are satisfied with their decisions to have dental implants. Though it requires low maintenance, it is imperative to understand some factors that influence dental implant success.
Factors That Influence Dental Implants Success
Though these implants are made of titanium, which has a lot of affinity with the jaw bone, these are very durable. Still, certain lifestyle habits and medical conditions affect dental implants. They are discussed as:
- Diabetes– In India, one in every six people is diabatic. The diabetics patients planning to have implants must consult with their physician or doctor before collaborating with the dentist in Pune. Having diabetes can make wounds heal with difficulty. Plus, diabetes is at more significant chances of developing an infection in the site of implants, which can further complicate the situation. Since there are many diabetes patients, there is a long queue of diabatic dental patients with dental implants, living life happily by following simple instructions and precautions.
- Insufficient jaw bone tissue– Since the titanium implants are embedded in the jaw bone, it is necessary to have sufficient jaw bone tissue; otherwise, the implants won’t clinch the jaw bone with stability and become weak over time. You can dodge this problem by undergoing another surgery called bone graft surgery (which helps grow jaw bone tissue). By improving the odds, you can get better dental implants.
- Smoking and consuming tobacco-based products– If you are a smoker or consume tobacco products, then it’s preferable to look for a way to quit the consumption habit first. Dental patients who smoke are at risk of developing peri implants (infection-causing implant failure). So, if you desire successful implants, you better seek a smoking cessation program with doctors’ consultation.
- Inefficient Maintenance– Dental implants are very adhering. They require deficient maintenance compared to other alternatives, but inefficient maintenance can be a reason for the failure of the dental implant. Brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-up can prevent disruption of dental implants.
Dental Implant Care
Dental implants are very effective in missing tooth solutions, and with reasonable care, they last very long. Some of the measures you can take for maintaining your dental implants are as:
- Eat and drink only soft food for the first 24 hrs. In fact, on the first day tries to rely on liquids.
- For the first 24 hrs, do not rinse the mouth. After2- you may start rinsing. Rinsing with salt water will be useful for you.
- Take all the medications as prescribed by a doctor.
- Long-term care– Brush twice and rinse at least once a day, followed by a regular dental checkup once every six months.
We at Dev Oral Care have an eminent team of well-qualified Dental Implants in Pune. We try to alleviate patients’ pain with the utmost care and diligence. With us, you can get a host of dentistry solutions such as dental implants and cosmetic dentistry solutions under one roof. For more queries, you can contact our team and book an appointment with us.