Direct Composite Restoration
Direct Composite Restoration
People love to smile without the inhibition of their discolored or chipped tooth. We at Dev’s oral care, the leading dental clinic in Pune, perfectly understand this necessity and offer Direct Composite Restoration procedure for an elegant smile makeover. This procedure is typically deployed through aesthetic tooth colored composite materials and is usually completed in a single visit.
What does the procedure involve?
Direct composite restoration procedure is quite simple and spans out four steps:
- Etching of teeth: To facilitate good bonding of the composites, the tooth surface is etched with an application of the mild phosphoric acid solution.
- The composite resin that resembles putty is gradually placed on the tooth area that needs treatment and sculpted to arrive at the desired shape.
- A high-intensity light is focused on the layer of composite resin to facilitate its curing. This and the previous steps are repeated again until the final desired shape is achieved.
- Finishing touches are again provided in four stages with tools such as carbide finishing bur, diamond bur, diamond coated strip and aluminum oxide disc.
- Shaping of tooth
- Defining the margins of tooth
- Interproximal finishing
What can be treated?
Our cosmetic surgeon widely uses tooth-colored direct composite restoration treatment procedure not only to fulfill the aesthetic aspirations of patients but also to maintain good oral health. It is the most ideal and least expensive solution for dental conditions such as
- Chipped teeth
- Gaps between the teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misshaped teeth.
Advantages of direct composite restoration
- Only minimal preparation is required and hence the complete procedure is completed in a single visit.
- Unlike gold or amalgam fillings, the shade of composites is made in complete sync with adjacent teeth and hence it renders a very natural look.
- The composite materials are directly applied, shaped, sculpted to the teeth surface to rectify minor problems that have been hindering your smile. Being a minimal invasive smile makeover procedure, you can leave our clinic wearing a hearty smile.
- As the bonding between the composite resin and tooth is quite strong, it ably supports the remaining structure of the tooth and thereby paves an efficient way to avoid tooth breakage and temperature sensitivity.
- With proper oral hygiene and routine dental examinations and cleanings, a perfectly executed direct bonding procedure can last for ten years or more.
Why Dev’s oral care?
It is true that direct composite restorations can be carried out very quickly without much of preparations. Having carried out numerous procedures pertaining to dental restoration in Pune at our dental clinic, we know that the success of treatment lies in the precision of execution. With artistic skill sets, the expert hands of our dentists deliver the most natural looking finish that can last for years to come. If necessary, we also take an impression of our patient’s teeth and analyze the model to arrive at the best shape of the tooth that gives a charming smile.
If you are looking out for the best cosmetic dentist in Pune to rectify minor teeth shape problems, your search ends here. Contact us for an evaluation and restore your smile.