Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and Bridges
A crown is a sort of cap that has the shape of a tooth. Crowns are placed over a damaged tooth to restore its original shape. It is also used to secure a bridge firmly in place or cover a dental implant. If there is a gap between one or more missing teeth, it can be filled by ‘bridges’. They are held in place by crowns and cemented permanently and firmly into one place. Both the procedures require a local anesthetic. When the dental crown or bridge is being made, it may require a “build up” with a special restorative material. When the bridge is being fixed, the prosthesis will cover the area in which the tooth is missing, which is known as pontic, while the adjacent supporting teeth are called abutments. Armed with vast expertise and rich experience, our dentists at Dev’s Oral Care always offer the best of dental crown in Pune for our patients.
Why do you need a dental crown?
A dental crown is needed in the following cases:
- To protect a decaying tooth from breaking
- To hold together remaining parts of a cracked/chipped tooth
- To cover teeth that are not in proper shape
- To cover discolored teeth
- To cover up a dental implant
- To keep a dental bridge in place
- To restore an broken tooth or a tooth that has been worn down
- When a damaged tooth that has a large filling needs to be covered, a crown is used
Types of Crowns
There are broadly two types of Crowns:
- Temporary Crowns
- Permanent Crowns
Types of Dental Bridge
There are four major categories of restorations available for single tooth replacement:
- Bonded (Maryland) dental bridge
- Cantilevered dental bridge
- Conventional dental bridge
- Dental implants
Dev’s Oral Care, the best dental clinic in Pune will always offer the most scientific and suitable option after carefully evaluating the case, on the basis of its merits and demerits.