There are many reasons why your tot faces multiple dental problems at the tender age of five to six. Many reasons such as poor nutrition, bad dental hygiene, and poor habits compile to give them a bad start. But there are a few things you can do to check the poor dental score of your child right when your child is in the pram.
Take a look at the elaborate plan suggesting the right things you must do for them.
Book the first dental appointment for your infant within the first few months of his/her birth
Parents should book the first dental appointment of their baby in the 6-8 months duration of their birth. An early visit to a dental clinic in Pune will help the dentist figure out the dental problems, if any. The parents must ask for tips to maintain tots’ dental hygiene when teeth have not erupted. The dentist probably advises gum wipes.
Also, the parents must book regular dental visits so that the dentist may supervise the baby’s proper development of jaws and dentition.
Shortlist Things To Do
The dentist in Pune not only provides in-clinic advice but also helps parents with extremely useful tips that are productive for their kids in long term. They guide over the right nutrition, habit inculcation, supervision techniques and enlighten upon few other bad habits that must be prohibited. The initial few years of a child are very important because that is the development phase, and minor dental problems can be checked and reprimanded at a very early age.
Give the right Nutrition
Nutrition is key to good health. Health is an umbrella term for overall health. When factored into small components, dental health is one of the major subheads of overall health. Parents must pay special attention to the food of their kids according to their age bracket. Once the baby starts eating semisolid food, the child should be given a well-balanced diet, including
- Cereals, pulses
- Milk, Dairy product
- Egg, beans, and softened meat products
- Fruits and vegetables
A Comprehensive Oral Care Regime in Age Blocks
Supervision of your child at a tender age can help check dental problems and implant good hygienic practices. Few things that must be checked in particular age brackets are as follows:
In the first few months, the babies should be taken care of
- Mouth wipes after feeding- After every meal, the gums should be cleaned gently with a soft wipe. Babies also have a habit of finger feeding; one must take care that the finger you give to lick must be clean.
- Breastfeeding is a must. The mother should maintain a balanced diet as she would be passing the nutrition to a child for the first few months.
- Usually, in the fifth or sixth month, the milk teeth start erupting. Book an appointment with a dentist in Pune to supervise the oral health of tot.
This is the age when teeth start erupting and food changes. This is also the time when your baby acquires senses and starts developing good habits. The parents should be vigilant in inculcation the right habits in their babies. There are certain things that must be taken care of :
- Start water wash in 6-12 months. Once all the milk teeth appear, probably after 12 to 14 months, give them a very soft-bristled brush to roll over teeth in a play-way.
- Feed them a balanced diet
- After 12 months of age, give them a glass or cup to gulp liquids. The babies are able to do that in a year’s time.
- Encourage your child to give away bad habits such as unnecessary suckling, swallowing, and stagnating milk in their mouth.
- Keep them engaged and push them to speak up; though they won’t speak, at least try to do so. 18 months – 03 Years
- These are the most crucial years of your child. The parents must cater to inculcating brushing habits, with a fluoride toothpaste of pea-size on it.
- Parents must supervise their children to spit the toothpaste and not swallow.
- Visit a dentist on a regular basis.
- Give a healthy diet, including fibrous foods to chew.
- Consult a dentist if the child sucks finger regularly, even at the age of three.
Devs Oral Care provides an elaborate range of both adult and kids dental care range. Our adept dentist team devising the upgraded technologies treats dental issues in minimum time, giving a quality treatment. You can browse our pages to know more about us.