Ever felt embarrassed to smile in front of several people due to a missing or broken tooth? Dental implants can come to the rescue as a permanent solution & bring back your vibrant smile thus boosting morale & elevating your confidence.
Dental implant acts as an artificial tooth or a prosthetic procedure to people who lost tooth in accident or have oral root problems. Loss of teeth can be attributed to following reasons like
- Tooth decay
- Root canal failure
- Gum disease
- Tooth injury
- Congenital defects
The appearance of a person with missing tooth causes many irregularities in his/her life eroding away the very spirit. Chewing food becomes a problem with missing tooth. Improper chewing leads to undigested food & eventually health issues crop up. Missing tooth not only poses an embarrassment in terms of looks or physical appearance but also involves a health risk unless replaced with a prosthetic implant. Dental implant provides a long term solution & looks almost as natural & as healthy as a regular tooth. They are built to endure daily activities & allow the person smile & eat without any fear.
Another option to tide over the embarrassment is turning to traditional dental bridge which is expensive as well as disturbing to the adjacent teeth as the setting might get misaligned. Dental implant has an edge over dental bridges in the following ways:
- Missing tooth leads to bone loss & gum deterioration & the progression is slowed with dental implants.
- The anxiety over tooth decay can be averted for life as dental implant is not associated with any decay & in this one aspect much superior to natural teeth.
- Durability of the dental implant gives it more superiority over any dental bridges because it acts as a tooth root anchoring the replacement teeth.
- Reliability & stability exhibited by dental implants gives it a cut above the rest like dental bridges. A bridge lasts for about 10 years with daily care where as the dental implant is a permanent solution.
Two types of dental implants are deemed fit & safe for patients
- Endosteal implants which are surgically implanted to the jawbone & post healing of the surrounding gums, a second surgery connects the post to the original implant. On the final stage an artificial tooth or teeth is attached to the post either individually or grouped on a denture.
- Subperiosteal implants where a metal frame is fitted onto the jawbone below gum tissue. With gums healing, the frame gets fixed to the jawbone & posts attached to the frame protrude through the gums. Artificial teeth are mounted to the posts.
In Pune, a dedicated team of expert professionals have set up a best in class facility for all dental related problems under the expert guidance of Dr. Resham Kiswani & Dr. Kamal Kiswani. The facility Dev’s Oral care consists state of the art machinery & equipments to deal with single tooth implant, cosmetic dentistry, immediate implant & tooth extraction. The facility can boast of restorative, endodontic, prosthetic & surgical treatment which is easy on your pocket & effective for your teeth simultaneously.